SDC Rhythm XP Performance Measurement ToolAny team serious about training needs to track their progress. Jack Jefferies (Airspeed) in an article published in 2002 explains why. SDC Rhythm XP would like to share the tool we developed. It was really helpful for us last year to quantify our strengths and weaknesses. Feel free to share it with anyone you want. We just request that you do not resell or use it for profit. We would also really appreciate your comments and suggestions. Visit the Frequently Asked Questions page for most common issues. For feedback or to get an answer not yet covered in the FAQ page, please go to our forum. There is a section dedicated. If you feel this tool can help you, enjoy!
Downloads: Blank file / Rhythm 2007 stats as a demo
- Stop Watch: You can time your jumps directly in the file and save the data
- 4-way or 8-way: Can be selected with one click of a button
- Times: Breaks out hill vs flat time, randoms vs blocks
- Exit: Time to 1st point and 1st key (optional) allow you to quantify your exit and hill performance
- Variable Hill Time: You can adjust the time you consider "the hill".
- Gap vs. Target: You can set targets for scores and block / random times. A tool helps you determine if your block and random goals are in line with your target score
- Info for each formation:
- Last time it was practiced
- # if times exited
- # of reps
- # jumps
- min, max and varegae times
- Best Times: Jump# and Time for each formation
- Calculated Average Score: Applies your most recent statistics to an "average draw" to estimate the team average, thereby removing bias due to focusing more on Randoms or Blocks in a given week or camp
- Score Prediction: Calculates your expected score on a given draw based on your most recent statistics We often compete against the spreadsheet prediction in mock meets
- Min, Max Average times: for each formations within a selected period
- Charts:Several charts are available to plot the result of the analysis and statistics
- Menu:This makes it easy to navigate the tool with limited excel experience
- Error proof features: Checks for the common errors and alerts the user. There is also an option to check the data before calculation. It just adds a few more seconds if you have a lot of data.
- Fast calculation: It takes about 5s to analyze 300 jumps
- 50 points maximum per jump: That should be enough for most of us!
- 25 weeks/training camps: This could be extended if needed
- Easy transfer to future versions: We plan to release updates to fix bugs and make improvements based on your comments. The transfer of data will be automatic as long as you keep the data the way they are
Existing data transferIf you would like to use this program but already have a lot of data in an existing file, we can help you transfer the data automatically. Contact Laurent for help.
How to use it (basic steps)First, the security option in your excel application must be set to Medium or low. To check, open a blank excel file and go to: Tools>Options>Security (Tab)>Macro Security> Set to "Medium"
Once you've done this, open the file and click "Enable Macros" when prompted.
In all pages, the cells where you can input data are green with red border:
Set the key parameters on the Menu page
Set your Targets in DashboardClick on "Dashboard" from the menu.
Time your jumpsClick on "Time and Add New Jumps" from the menu.
CalculateOnce you have timed and validated all your jumps, return to the menu and click "Calculate All". Until you do this, nothing is updated with the jumps you just entered. If you check the "Check Data" box, the program will check for common data problems before calculating. If you didn't change anything directly in the "Data" or "Weekly Progress" sheets, you don't need this.
See the resultsYou can navigate from the Menu page or with the tabs at the bottom.
Dashboard: This page shows various statistics from last week and overall.
Important comment for the charts: Don't delete any data series. This will mess up the page when you come back to it. The scales (X and Y axis) are set automatically when you activate the page.
Sorting: This page allows you to sort the formations by time. The data are from the latest week. You can also compare with top teams, though these numbers are estimates only. If you have better numbers for top teams, we will be happy to include them.
Prediction: This page allows you to simulate mock meets and predict your score based on your current performance. Simply input the dives (1 up to 10) and click the "Calculate" button. The way it is now is probably conservative so this might be updated later on as well.
Modify the dataClick on "Raw Data" from the menu.
You can unlock the page and modify or delete any data after you added them. Just make sure you keep the format the way it is. This page is the most important page. The data for 1 jump takes 3 rows. So if you need to delete a jump, delete the 3 rows.
If you still have additional questions, please visit our forum. If you don't find the answer, you can contact us. Contact Laurent if you have specific questions about what the code does and how to customize this file.